NOTICE: This article is a reproduction from Submitters Perspective No 34, November 1987.
سَنُريهِم ءايٰتِنا فِى الـٔافاقِ وَفى أَنفُسِهِم حَتّىٰ يَتَبَيَّنَ لَهُم أَنَّهُ الحَقُّ
41:53 We will show them our proofs in the horizons, and within themselves, until they realize that this is the truth.
In accordance with this verse, it is now evident that God is intensifying His miracle in the Qur’an to such an extent that the believers’ faith continues to grow, while those who continue to deny it are absolutely confirmed as hard-core enemies of God who are heading for the lowest pit of Hell. Before I get to the historical development of this great miracle of the Qur’an, let me list the NEW FINDINGS. The following fantastic parameters of the Qur’an’s mathematical miracle were discovered during the last two months by Sister Lisa Spray.
1. The first Qur’anic initial occurs in 2:1, Alef Laam Meem (A.L.M). The last initial occurs in sura 68 (68:1), Noon. It was discovered that the number of verses between the A.L.M. of 2:1 and the Noon of 68:1 is 5263, or 19×277, inclusive. This means:
(i) that the number of verses is a divinely dictated parameter of the Qur’an, and
(ii) that the sequence of suras as we know it today is divinely dictated.
2. Between the first Qur’anic initial (A.L.M. of 2:1) and the last Qur’anic initial (Noon of 68:1), we find 19 alternating groups of initialed and non-initialed suras. For example, suras 2 and 3 are initialed and they constitute the first group. Suras 4, 5 and 6 are not initialed, and they constitute the second group. Sura 7 is initialed and it makes up the third group, suras 8 and 9 are not initialed and they make up the fourth group, and so on; there are 19 such groups.
3. As announced in the September issue of M.P., there are 38 (19x2) non-initialed suras between the first initial (A.L.M. of 2:1) and the last initial (Noon of 68:1). This parameter also informs us that the sequence of suras in today’s Qur’an is divinely dictated.
4. The number of occurrences of the word “ALLAH” between the first Qur’anic initials (A.L.M. of 2:1) and the last initial (Noon of 68:1) is 2641, or 19x139.
5. The number of occurrences of the word “ALLAH” outside the initials A.L.M. of 2:1 and Noon of 68:1 is 57, or 19x3.
6. When you add the “numbers” of suras and the “numbers” of verses where these 57 ALLAH words occur, the grand total comes to 2432 [19×128].
To explain this point, the first sura (Al-Faatihah) contains two ALLAH words, one in verse 1 and one in verse 2. So you add the number of the sura (1), plus the number of the verse where the first ALLAH word occurs (1), plus the number of the verse where the second ALLAH word occurs (2), i.e., 1+1+2=4.
You do the same thing with all the other suras outside the initials (the suras after sura 68 where the last initial [Noon] occurs, i.e., suras 69 to the end of the Qur’an).
The Table below details this profound feature.
TABLE OF THE SURAS & VERSES WHERE THE WORD “ALLAH” OCCURS
|1.||1||1||30.||– –||31 *|
|2.||– –||2||31.||– –||56|
|6.||– –||4||35.||– –||30|
|7.||– –||13||36.||– –||30 *|
|13.||– –||5||42.||– –||9|
|14.||– –||7||43.||– –||20|
|17.||– –||18 *||46.||91||13|
|18.||– –||19||47.||– –||13 *|
|21.||– –||23 *||50.||98||2|
|23.||– –||20 *||52.||– –||8|
|24.||– –||20 *||53.||104||6|
|25.||– –||20 *||54.||110||1|
|26.||– –||20 *||55.||– –||2|
|27.||– –||20 *||56.||112||1|
|28.||– –||20 *||57.||– –||2|
1798 + 634 = 2432 [19 X 128]
* Verses where more than one word ALLAH occur are added only once.
What you see in this Table is a list of suras and verses which contain the word ALLAH. This list covers the suras outside the Qur’anic initials A.L.M. of 2:1 and Noon of 68:1. As you see, the list goes from sura 1 followed by sura 69, to the end of the Qur’an, You will also see the verses where the word ALLAH occurs. Some verses contain more than one word ALLAH. Verse 20 of Sura 73, for example, contains 7 words ALLAH. Naturally, you don’t add verse 20 seven times; you add it only once to calculate the total of the verse numbers.
When you add the sura numbers and the verse numbers, where the word ALLAH occurs, the totals come to 1798 and 634, respectively. The grand total of these two totals is 2432 [19 x 128].
Can you fathom the dimensions of this miraculous feature? You are looking at an irrefutable proof that the Qur’an’s suras, their sequence, their numbers, their verses, the positions of the verses within the sura, and the numbers of the verses, are all DICTATED BY GOD and PERFECTLY PRESERVED.
The word ALLAH might occur in any verse, but, as we see here, such verses are mathematically distributed in accordance with the Qur’an’s intricate and utterly overwhelming mathematical miracle of the Qur’an.
In the face of this profound feature, the believers will fall prostrate and praise and thank God for allowing them to witness His great miracle and for strengthening their faith.
What do you suppose the disbelievers will do? Their stubborn arrogance will intensify, and they will actually deny these factual observations. They will outright fight this awesome and utterly overwhelming miracle. Although what we have here is no more than factual observations on the Qur’an and purely PHYSICAL FACTS, the disbelievers will plunge deeper into opposition to God and His miracle. Thus, God’s test works; as the miracle becomes more and more undeniable, the disbelievers continue to deny it, and they become justly and irreversibly committed to the lowest pit of Hell.
Let me now review the historical progression of the believers’ blessings, and the disbelievers’ tragic opposition as the miracle intensified during the last 19 years:
When the great Miracle of the Qur’an, namely, the supernatural mathematical composition of the Qur’an’s suras, verses, words and letters began to appear in the early seventies, the believers around the world rejoiced. Some people were not moved at all. There was not enough evidence to convince them that there is a miraculous mathematical system in the Qur’an. The first parameters of the Miracle were very simple:
2. The letter Qaaf stands for “Qur’an,” and when you add the total number of Qaaf in the two Qaaf-initialed suras, you obtain 114, the number of suras in the Qur’an.
The believers could readily see the first hint of God’s deliberate design, while others disregarded this factual observation and decided that it had no significance. Then it was discovered that:
3. The Qur’an is described in sura Qaaf as “Majeed” (Glorious). The word “Majeed” has a numerical value of 57, same as the number of Qaafs in each of the Qaaf-initialed suras.