NOTICE: This article is a reproduction from Submitters Perspective No 44, August 1988.
How many people saw Moses’ staff turn into a serpent? How long did that miracle last?
How many people witnessed Jesus when he created birds from clay by God’s leave, healed the leprous and hopelessly blind by God’s leave, and revived the dead by God’s leave? How long did these miracles last?
God’s miracle to this generation, the mathematical miracle of the Qur’an, is far greater than the miracles Jesus, Moses, and all the previous messengers combined. For the mathematical miracle of the Qur’an has already been witnessed by millions of people, and it is a perpetual miracle that is continuously growing. It has become overwhelming and absolutely incontrovertible. Just think about the few profound facts given below:
1. The Qur’an consists of 114 suras (19×6), and the total number of verses is 6346, or 19×334.
2. The word “God” (Allah) occurs in the Qur’an 2698 times, 19×142, and when we add the numbers of the verses wherever we see the word “God,” the total is 118123, 19×6217.
3. The word “Qur’an” occurs in the Qur’an 57 times (19×3), in 38 suras (19×2), and when we add the numbers of the verses wherever the word “Qur’an” is found, the total comes to 2660 (19×140).
4. When we add the total of the verse numbers where the word “Qur’an” occurs (2660), plus the number of suras where the word “Qur’an” is found (38), the total equals the occurrence of the word “God” (2660+38= 2698 = 19×142).
5. The most important commandment in the Qur’an, “Worship God ALONE,” occurs in 7:70, 39:45, 40:12 & 84, and 60:4 (see INDEX TO THE WORDS OF QUR’AN under “WAHDAHU”, page 745). If you add these numbers (7+70+39+45+40+12+84+60+4), you will find the total 361, or 19×19. Think about that! In the same page of the INDEX, you can see that the word “ONE” (WAAHED) referring to God occurs precisely 19 time.
Who could possibly deny this superhuman mathematical intricacies??!! God Himself informs us that “If all the jinns and all the humans banded together to produce a book like the Qur’an, they will surely fail” (17:88).